Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I find a download accelerator?

Okay. I am new to apple so if I ask a stupid questions don't laugh. Anyways I really need a download accelerator. I live in Alaska about 100 miles away from a good internet connection. When using my old microsoft comp. I added the program Download Accelerator Plus to help with my connection problem. This worked great. I have looked for something equivilent for my safari browser and I am not finding it. DAP has a mac version but I am also lost on how I can even install it. It sent me a text file and I have no clue what to do with it. Does anybody have any suggestions on a different download accelerator or help me with installing the DAP exstention? Current situation is without the download accelerator it takes at least an hour for most of my downloads. This is not a big problem except that if it is not downloaded soon enough connection is lost and I have to restart the download process. PLEASE HELP!! I have no way to get any better interenet connection. Trust me I keep checking.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 12:24 PM

1 reply

Where can I find a download accelerator?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.