Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad freezing when I open certain apps

Occasionally, I will open up an app like Pages, Numbers, iMovie, Angry Birds, and stuff like that, and my iPad will freeze. This doesn't happen all the time, and what I mean by that is that sometimes I will open those apps and they WON'T freeze. My device is NOT jailbroken and I haven't done anything like that to it. I bought it two weeks ago, and this has been happening since this Thursday. I shut it down, restart it, and everything. I just thought I would post this on here before contacting Apple.

iPad Mini-OTHER, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 1:46 PM

You might have an app that's causing a conflict, so try closing all of your apps, reboot your iPad and then see how the device behaves. If that works for a while, take note of the next app that you launch, if the iPad freezes again.

Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it. Close every app this same way.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2013 1:46 PM in response to FredrickRechid

You might have an app that's causing a conflict, so try closing all of your apps, reboot your iPad and then see how the device behaves. If that works for a while, take note of the next app that you launch, if the iPad freezes again.

Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it. Close every app this same way.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

iPad freezing when I open certain apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.