Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage almost full on iPod 4g problem!!! Please help please!!!!

Every now and then a message on my iPod 4g 16gb comes up saying it is "running out of storage" and has a option that says done or settings. I've done so many things to fix this but this message has not gone away and now it's affecting iMessage!!! I've deleted apps including the ones who took up space with over 400 MB, I've deleted hundreds of photos, history on safari, some messages, and did a couple of reboots (hard reset, and restart with sleep/wake button) but still nothing with the iMessage and storage problem has changed. As of right now I have:

5.9 GB Available and 7.9 used

I have 59 videos and 68 apps under 178 MB

I have 1,931 photos but I have had up to 4,000 photos in the past but this message has never came up.

Capacity is 13.7 GB, available is 5.9

iCloud says 5.0 GB and available 5.0 GB (I deleted a backup earlier)

When I type in a message on iMessage, it does not send. The "sending" thing at the top goes on, but once it reaches its point instead of my message being sent it disappears and is not sent. There is no red "!" Mark or anything. It just disappears. My conversations on iMessage have been disappearing and coming back randomly lately. However, I can still see and receive messages.

I have no tv shows, movies, music, etc on my iPod. Only apps, photos, and videos. Please help, I've been trying so many things to get iMessage working again and the storage message to go away. I don't know what to do anymore, maybe delete all of my videos? My camera roll took up 1.5 GB, and yesterday I had like 50 updates to do for my apps which I did all at once with "update all"..maybe that caused problem?!?!? But the storage thing happened before the updates. By the way the iPod isn't synced to iTunes or anything.

Try not to do links unless they are truly useful I need some awesome answers to fix this and to prevent it from happening again. It's so frustrating and annoying!!!

Thank you so much!!!

iPod touch

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 1:41 PM

4 replies

Dec 21, 2013 2:14 PM in response to Charliebear88

Just ignore the storage message.

For the message problem:

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

-Go to Settings>Messages>Send and Receive and sign out and sign back in. Not that this will delete all Messages currently on the iPod.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Storage almost full on iPod 4g problem!!! Please help please!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.