Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get Display on TV when connecting HDMI from Macbook Pro

OS 10.6.8

Have the adaptor and HDMI. Used Mirroring but it won't let me drag the small icon into the large one. Not sure what else to do- seems pretty straightforward. I'm not sure what other info you would need to help me.

Thanks

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 2:58 PM

10 replies

Dec 21, 2013 3:27 PM in response to originale

Maybe some help here, read the sub links, as you may find an aswer there.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1573

After you have the display up on your tv, go to system preferences/displays, in the avdvanced tab try ckicking and unckiing mirroring a couple of times. if you unclick mirrioring you (with one than oe applcatin open you sholud be able to drag a second windoe to the TV The one with the white bar on top will stay onn your internal and you drag the larger one to the TV (usually by dragging it to the left, by clicking and holding the grey bar at the top of the window.

You can aslso try a NRAM/PRAM reset:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379

Dec 21, 2013 4:46 PM in response to originale

Try this,i with it all connected, go to systems prference/displays, you should see this:

User uploaded file

Then click detect displays, the click gather windows. You should then see an image like this, notice the second window behind the first image at the very top Phlips FTVThat is the brand I am connected to,your will have a different name) click on that.

User uploaded file

You should then see the following screen:User uploaded file

These were done running 10.6.8 Snow Leopard

Hope this helps

Dec 21, 2013 5:57 PM in response to originale

Try unchecking mirroring, the rechecking it. to get the displays to merge. As well as Gather windows.

Other things to look in to is what kind of cabe/adapter, and keep in mind that even if it is new, it may not be up to spec, especially if you get them at a clearance type of store, some times that can cause issues.

I have a Belkin adapter I got from Apple, and a mid priced HDMI cable from walmart. I have never had an issue connecting to any display.

Did you try the pram reset I sent in the link? This resets all the audio and video, as well as other things. Also some tvs are just difficult to connect to. My machines all to seem to auto connect, but I sent you some work arounds, I am glad you are up and running>

Happy holidays

Can't get Display on TV when connecting HDMI from Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.