Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Avoid Losing Formatting When Pages documents Are Converted to PDF Files and Emailed?

I put together a presentation piece with Pages, converted its 19 pages to pdf files, emailed the folder of pdf files to Staples for duplication, collation, and binding, and was disappointed to see some of my graphic frame formatting lost.

Can anyone please tell me how to avoid the loss in the future? 'Sure would appreciate it.

I was "raised" on Microsoft Publisher, then worked with Adobe Elements before switching to Mac. For the most-part, I find Mac OSX 10.7.5 a joy to use, but it takes me quite a while to figure out how to bridge differences between PC and Mac applications. Even though Mac applications tend to be straight forward, I loften find myself shaking my head and wondering how I could have been stumped so long by a little thing such as instant alpha. I don't want to chalk up this difficulty in adapting to old age, but could! (--Which translates: Please be easy on the old lady!) Thanking you in advance for such assistance as you might provide ...

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Pages to PDFs to Email to HTML?

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 4:10 PM

Upgrade to Mountain Lion OSX 10.8, much better than Lion.

I take it you are talking about Pages '09?

Your problem is probably with anything that has transparency eg fancy frames, 3D charts, shadows, reflections because Pages exports all these to too low 72dpi resolution in .pdfs.

Prepping files for commercial print is always a concern and you need at least some Pro skills, but Apple has made life even harder with key missing settings and inferior presets.

The subject of preparing for print is rather broad and detailed.

You may find more comprehensive advice here:

http://www.freeforum101.com/iworktipsntrick/index.php?mforum=iworktipsntrick

Peter

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2013 4:10 PM in response to SunSpott

Upgrade to Mountain Lion OSX 10.8, much better than Lion.

I take it you are talking about Pages '09?

Your problem is probably with anything that has transparency eg fancy frames, 3D charts, shadows, reflections because Pages exports all these to too low 72dpi resolution in .pdfs.

Prepping files for commercial print is always a concern and you need at least some Pro skills, but Apple has made life even harder with key missing settings and inferior presets.

The subject of preparing for print is rather broad and detailed.

You may find more comprehensive advice here:

http://www.freeforum101.com/iworktipsntrick/index.php?mforum=iworktipsntrick

Peter

How Do I Avoid Losing Formatting When Pages documents Are Converted to PDF Files and Emailed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.