Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to my gift card credit?

I know how to review my purchase history in my iTunes account. But, how do I find out what happened to a gift card credit? Per my my account's purchase history, I only used $10 of a $50 gift card (assuming the culprit is NOT user error, e.g., I redeemed on the incorrect account). Can I search "payment history" in addition to purchase history? Thanks.

iPad 2

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 3:28 PM

2 replies

Feb 10, 2014 2:31 AM in response to Chris.Krivonyak

I am currently in 'discussion' with iTunes about this very issue. It's happened to me at least twice before when I redeemed a Gift card and didn't use the full amount. A couple of weeks later... the 'credit' was gone!

I also question as to why iTunes do NOT show gift card redemptions... VERY sus imho!!! Why dont they??!!

I have asked iTunes to provide me with a list of all my transactions for this year so I can see when, where and how my credits were used. So far the best I got was "check your account balance". They have said they will look into it from another side (ie. not via their customer support) but I will give them a week before I go to Fair Trading and make a formal complaint.

I have provided them screen shots, dates, my purchase history etc. and the numbers just dont add up. Either my credit balance expired (in the space of a couple of weeks) or someone is skimming accounts - which is on the iTunes system. Either way iTunes have a case to answer!

What happened to my gift card credit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.