Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Zone Support

Ok, this is driving me nuts! When I enter an event into my calendar in Houston and then travel to LA, the times keep showing wrong!! If I have time zone support off, the reminder comes up 2 hours early. It says my 7 PM event is actually at 5 PM. I want all events to be displayed in local time. Don't change the times, just change the clock. Why is that so hard.

So I enabled Time Zone support. Now the event displays at the correct time, but in the calendar app itself, it shows the time as 2 hours ahead. In other words, the calendar app is using Houston time,

How do I set this stuff so that when I enter a time into the calendar, it stays at that time. And the time (shown by that horizontal line) is always displayedin local time also. Because that is what causesthe alert to go off at the correct time.

Thanks,

iPad 2, iOS version 7

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 5:48 PM

3 replies

Dec 21, 2013 9:11 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Unfortunately that does not help. I know how to turn time zone support on and off. Whichever wat it's set it is not correct. With tine zone support on I get things to show with the proper time in calendar. But the alerts still show up at the wrong time. (That horizontal line in calendar). With time zone support off times are shifted depending where I am located. Is there any way to have it ignore time zone and just show everything in local time with alert showing up at the correct time?

Dec 21, 2013 9:42 PM in response to SteveShapiro

The current behavior sounds correct and consistent to me.

SteveShapiro wrote:

When I enter an event into my calendar in Houston and then travel to LA, the times keep showing wrong!! If I have time zone support off, the reminder comes up 2 hours early. It says my 7 PM event is actually at 5 PM. I want all events to be displayed in local time.

You entered a 7PM event while you were in Houston. That is 5PM in Los Angeles. If you intend the event to occur at 7PM in Los Angeles, you need to enter it at 9PM Houston time.

You get it one way or the other, not both. Either you enter the event at the correct time (accounting for the Time Zone), or you keep the Calendar app on one time or the other by using the Time Zone Support. I've never tried this (as I like Time Zone Support "Off"), but I suppose you could try keeping Time Zone Support "On", and set it to Houston while you're there, and change it to Los Angeles when you're there.

Time Zone Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.