Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MainStage 3 Playback Plug-in Drops Volume Randomly

Hey Guys,

Could really use your help on this one. I use MainStage 3 every week-a lot for the keyboard sounds, but I also frequently use the Playback plug-in for click tracks and backing tracks. The problem I am currently having is a weird one: every once in a while the sound from both Playback plug-ins will drop out completely. From song to song it is random whether this will occur at all, but when it does happen, for any particular song the volume will always drop out at the same spot for that song (for example song 1 the volume will not drop out at all, but for song 2 it will drop out at 3minutes,23seconds, and then for song 4 it might drop out at 4minutes,35seconds). Now here is the other weird part-if you click on the Playback plug in when this drop-out of volume occurs, you can see that the audio wave form is still there, and you can see that the Playback plug-in IS still playing through the track (I even have status indicators that show that the Playback plug-in is going through the various Markers of the song). One final weird aspect of this situation: if I stop the track and then start it from whatever marker preceeded the volume drop out (that always seems to be at the same spot for whatever song it drops), then there is no dropping of volume-it will play through until the song finishes.

This problem *****, any help on this one will be greatly appreciated. Some background: I use MainStage 3.0.2 on a MacBook Air running OS X 10.8.5. I use Axiom controllers and a Presonus Firestudio Project, however the problem will occur even when I am not using a MIDI controller and also when I'm simply using the built-in Audio inputs and outputs.

Logic Pro, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 8:02 PM

5 replies

Feb 14, 2017 10:03 AM in response to stickmusic121

Hi Glenn, I just revisited this post because the problem has started up again and I will be attempting the same process (I know you posted a long time ago, I have to figure out how to get notified of posts on threads I'm a part of). It sounds like you did everything correct regarding the P-List, so it doesn't sound like you missed anything... Out of curiosity, did you check the waveform in the Playback plugin? I don't think I ever had the problem in the exact same spot, so I'm wondering if maybe the waveform itself has sections that are muted... Let me know!

May 15, 2014 9:04 PM in response to caseyfromlewisville

Wow, I forgot about this post! I did actually find a solution. I'm pretty sure I just cleared the P-List from under my Library folder. Once you do that MainStage kind of resets itself... and on my end it hasn't had the volume drop since. Hope that helps! (If you need any help figuring out how to clear out your P-List let me know and I can give you a bit of a more in-depth answer)

Jun 27, 2016 2:30 PM in response to swanny8777

Hi all.

I see this thread ended quite some time ago but I am seeing this issue now and am unable to solve it.

Can you walk me through clearing the P-List. I held down the "Option" key and clicked the "Go" menu and hit "Library". From there I went into "Preferences" and found various "com.apple.mainstage" files and trashed them all. I had to reset up my audio when I went back to Mainstage and once I did that, my "Playback" still cuts out at the exact same spot.

Did I miss something in your original answer?

Regards,

Glenn

MainStage 3 Playback Plug-in Drops Volume Randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.