Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot use airport express 802.11g with maverick and airport utility 6.0. Any recommendations?

Any suggestions on how I can use the airport express 802.11g with the Mavericks and airport utility 6.0? It says that airport utility 5.6 does not support this version of the airport express.

iPad, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 10:04 PM

3 replies

Sep 15, 2014 5:55 AM in response to williamfrommableton

Bob is correct that there is no "official" support for Mavericks and the older 5.6.1 AU on it. If you have a Windows machine, that would work as well, since it currently runs AU 5.6.1.

There is also a workaround in order to use 5.6.1 on Mavericks, that I currently use. Search for Corey Mahler Airport on your favorite search engine.

Also, please see - AirPort Utility software and firmware downloads.

Sep 15, 2014 2:59 PM in response to williamfrommableton

Support for the original AEBS or any other 802.11b/g - only AirPort Base Station is gone in Mavericks. The last of those models was discontinued over six years ago. You will need a commensurately old version of OS X to configure it.

You may find links to dubious websites containing instructions for hacking OS X to make it work. Doing that will cause unanticipated future problems, and this site never permits discussion of violating OS X's licensing agreements.

I cannot use airport express 802.11g with maverick and airport utility 6.0. Any recommendations?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.