Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove a dent in the Lid of MacBook Pro 13inch

Hey there!

So I have recently purchsed a MacBook Pro, 13inch however, I was gutted to find that I have a dent in the lid og MacBook. The dent is quite noticeable but hasn't cracked the surface (Thank goodness!) However, there is a slight discolouration of the glass where the dent was made on the screen (The dent is on the outer 'shell' to the left of the apple (opposite from the bite of the Apple).

I ahve looked around other help topics and they mainly include taking off the lid and removing the glass by hand however, I am not particularly good at detailed DIY projects.

I have been thinking about a case but I would prefer to be able to remove the dent from the exterior - is this possible? If not, how much (aprox.) would a lid replacement cost ($NZ) and would it be worth it?

I would really appreciate any help, ANy recommendations/previous experiences would be great!

Thanks!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 12:31 AM

There are no replies.

Remove a dent in the Lid of MacBook Pro 13inch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.