Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No connection to iTunes / netflix server

I have an Apple TV version 3.

It has recently developed the following problem. Can't connect to the iTunes or Netflix server, it works perfectly fine on all other areas just these 2, I can even watch previews and trailers it happens when I want to make a purchase, checked account details and they are correct and I can access from my ipad so it is definately an issue with the Apple TV.

Please help!

Apple TV

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 2:12 AM

2 replies

Dec 24, 2013 12:50 PM in response to Cfuk

Hi Cfuk,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

Since you are able to access your iTunes account from your iPad, it sounds like you may need to reset your Apple TV to address this issue.

See page 31 of the Apple TV User Gide

manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/apple_tv_3rd_gen_setup.pdf

You can reset all of the settings on your Apple TV to factory values.

Important: This requires you to reenter all of your network and account

information.

To reset all settings:

Choose Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

If you still have trouble, try resetting your equipment by disconnecting Apple TV,

your TV, your wireless networking equipment or base station, and your router

from the power outlet. Wait 30 seconds, and then reconnect everything.

It also may be helpful to switch between a wired and wireless network:

Apple TV: Switching between wired and wireless networks

1. Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the Apple TV.
  2. Navigate to Settings > General > Network.
  3. Click Configure Wireless.
  4. A list of available wireless networks will appear. Navigate to the network you wish to join and select it. If the network you wish to join is hidden, click Otherand enter the network name using the on screen keyboard and the remote.
  5. When finished, click Done.
  6. If your wireless network requires a password, a keyboard will appear allowing you to enter the password using your remote. When this is completed, click Done. A "Connecting to wireless network" screen appears.
  7. When the operation is completed, a "Connection Succeeded" screen appears. Click Done. The screen should display the wireless network information, including network name, IP address, Wi-Fi Address, and signal strength.

To switch back to a wired connection, simply plug in the Ethernet cable. Apple TV will switch to it automatically. Apple TV prioritizes a wired Ethernet connection.

These are the first things to try. For additional Apple TV Support information, please refer to this website:

http://www.apple.com/support/appletv/

Cheers,

- Judy

I hope this helps

Dec 24, 2013 12:57 PM in response to Cfuk

Hi Cfuk,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

It sounds like you are able to connect to the iTunes Store from your iPad, but not your Apple TV. I would first suggest signing out of the iTunes Store and restarting the Apple TV. If you still cannot access the Store, then you may need to reset the Apple TV.

See page 31 of the Apple TV User Gide

manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/apple_tv_3rd_gen_setup.pdf

You can reset all of the settings on your Apple TV to factory values.

Important: This requires you to reenter all of your network and account

information.

To reset all settings:

Choose Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

If you still have trouble, try resetting your equipment by disconnecting Apple TV, your TV, your wireless networking equipment or base station, and your router from the power outlet. Wait 30 seconds, and then reconnect everything.

It also may be helpful to switch between a wired and wireless network:

Apple TV: Switching between wired and wireless networks

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2822

1. Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the Apple TV.
  2. Navigate to Settings > General > Network.
  3. Click Configure Wireless.
  4. A list of available wireless networks will appear. Navigate to the network you wish to join and select it. If the network you wish to join is hidden, click Otherand enter the network name using the on screen keyboard and the remote.
  5. When finished, click Done.
  6. If your wireless network requires a password, a keyboard will appear allowing you to enter the password using your remote. When this is completed, click Done. A "Connecting to wireless network" screen appears.
  7. When the operation is completed, a "Connection Succeeded" screen appears. Click Done. The screen should display the wireless network information, including network name, IP address, Wi-Fi Address, and signal strength.

To switch back to a wired connection, simply plug in the Ethernet cable. Apple TV will switch to it automatically. Apple TV prioritizes a wired Ethernet connection.

These are the first things to try. For additional Apple TV Support information, please refer to this website:

http://www.apple.com/support/appletv/

Once the connection to the iTunes Store has been estabished, your Netflix should work as well.

I hope this information helps ....

Happy Holidays!

- Judy

No connection to iTunes / netflix server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.