Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

windows 7 on imac 10.1 mavericks

Hi

I have an iMac 21.5 inch late 2009 thats the iMac 10.1

So I have an .iso file of Windows 7 professional and a usb flash drive where i put it on and then when i open bootcamp i put a tick at both squares:

one being to load the newst support software and one to install windows 7.

when it starts the process it stops all of a sudden and says it cant reach the servers to download the support software.

so then i downloaded the support software myself and put it on the flash drive and it still doesn't work.

help?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), iMac 10.1

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 4:19 AM

11 replies

Dec 22, 2013 4:38 AM in response to Domking

If you have got Windows in a ISO file and you burn it to a DVD, it will work. Some users get Windows as a download, and they can burn it to a USB drive or DVD. In your case, burn it into a DVD.

Respecting to the Windows support software, if you cannot download it from Boot Camp Assistant, download it from the Apple site > http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1630

Dec 22, 2013 4:42 AM in response to Domking

Right burning the ISO to a DVD disc will not work. You have to use a Windows computer to Expand that ISO file into the REAL Windows Install files. Which will end up as many folders, subfolders and files on the DVD disc.

On a Windows computer you just Double click the ISO file and have a blank DVD in the DVD drive. A dialog window will open asking "Do you want to burn this to Drive X (Drive letter of the DVD drive)" Click the OK button.

Domking wrote:

So if i would burn the iso on a cd that wouldn't work?

Dec 22, 2013 4:55 AM in response to LowLuster

LowLuster wrote:

OS X doesn't know what an ISO file is.

Are you sure? I can open an ISO file with Finder and see its content, and I can burn the content of an ISO file with Disk Utility without any problem.

I wanted to say that burning the content of the ISO file onto a DVD will work, and this can be done with Disk Utility. Maybe I did not clarify this in my first comment

windows 7 on imac 10.1 mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.