Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to put music on my Ipod from a CD on Itunes?

So I want to Import Music on My Ipod Touch (4th gen). I don't want to buy the music, It's just a CD I want to import from Itunes.

This Is what I have done so far.....

I connected my Ipod up to my pc using USB cable

I then put the CD into my Computer

Imported it

What do I do Next?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 2:19 PM

Start again.

1. Leave the iPod in your pocket.
  2. Put CD into computer CD drive
  3. Import CD into iTunes
  4. Take iPod out of pocket
  5. Connect iPod to iTunes
  6. Allow Sync to take place *
  7. Eject iPod
  8. Done

In other words, import the CD, make changes to that music, including adding it to Playlists, before connecting the iPod to iTunes because as soon as you connect it, a Sync begins and any changes made now may well be missed by the Sync - which has already beaten you to the end of the race!

* If this is your first use of iTunes, you may need to select the Sync Music option that you will find on the Device/Music pane. In other words, when the iPod is connected to your iTunes, find and select the Device (iPod) icon and then in the screen that appears, find the Music pane...

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2013 2:19 PM in response to emilyemmiekia

Start again.

1. Leave the iPod in your pocket.
  2. Put CD into computer CD drive
  3. Import CD into iTunes
  4. Take iPod out of pocket
  5. Connect iPod to iTunes
  6. Allow Sync to take place *
  7. Eject iPod
  8. Done

In other words, import the CD, make changes to that music, including adding it to Playlists, before connecting the iPod to iTunes because as soon as you connect it, a Sync begins and any changes made now may well be missed by the Sync - which has already beaten you to the end of the race!

* If this is your first use of iTunes, you may need to select the Sync Music option that you will find on the Device/Music pane. In other words, when the iPod is connected to your iTunes, find and select the Device (iPod) icon and then in the screen that appears, find the Music pane...

Dec 23, 2013 11:37 AM in response to emilyemmiekia

Not sure where you see "remove".

When you connect the iPod to iTunes, iTunes sees the iPod and a Sync begins straight away. You don't need to do anything. Once the Sync has completed (you should see an indication of that), then click on eject - which confirms that the iPod can be safely removed (unplugged) from your computer.

It's because the Sync begins automatically and immediately that any changes you want to make are best done before connecting the iPod. There are some changes that do need to be made after the Sync has finished (and with the iPod connected). If you have to make any changes at that time, that is when you would need to click on Sync, in order for the new changes to be put onto the iPod.

There is no reason why iTunes should remove your purchased music when adding CD imports - unless...

• you are trying to Sync the CD import using a different computer to the one used for purchasing music.
  • You have purchased music on your iPod Touch (directly from the Store) but you have not yet transfered those purchases to your iTunes Library, or signed into the Store on your computer. Is your iTunes Library signed into the Store?
  • You delete the music from your Library.
  • You untick the box next to a song's title.

how to put music on my Ipod from a CD on Itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.