5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2016 10:36 PM by LarryHN
ekuska Level 1 Level 1

Hello.  I have a large batch of photos from a 12 day, family trip.  Over 4000 pictures coming in from various relatives cameras, and my goal is to whittle this down and put together a nice slide show AND a cd that has the best pics in a chronological order (I want to make this as easy for Grandma to look at/download as possible).  However, not everyone has correct 'time/date' settings, so Im spending a lot of time manually reordering.  (because of the inconsistant source/time stamping, I cannot order these by 'name' or 'date'.

So, Ive sorted all photos into albums for each of the 12 days, and within each album I have two folders.

ex: FOLDER 1: ALL Wednesday Pics (653 photos), and FOLDER 2: Wednesday Best (52 photos). 

Ive then gone into the 'Wednesday Best' folder and manually sorted the photos to make a more chronological order.

Ive repeated this for all 12 days.  Ive got everything in the order I would like.  Except they are in 12 separate little folders.

Where I get into trouble is I want to make one large 'master' slide show, but it seems every time I try duplicating/copying/moving a 'manually reordered' group of pictures, that order gets reset.

I want these pictures to remain in the order that I have spent hours and hours on.  And I cant figure out how to do this.  Can I lock them down or make sure this 'reordering' is set?

Any ideas?

thank you..!

erik

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), iPhoto 11 version 9.2.1
Solved by Old Toad on Dec 22, 2013 12:06 PM Solved
Batch rename the contents each folder via the Photos ➙ Batch Change ➙ Title to Text with the option checked to add a sequential number to each photo.  You'll get  something like this: Photo-01, Photo-02, Photo-03..  When you're finsidhed with all of the folders put them all into a single album with the sort set to By Title.  That will give you what you want.  Happy Holidays
Reply by LarryHN on Dec 22, 2013 11:48 AM Helpful
Best way is to make a smart album for each camera and then use the adjust time / date command to correct its settings so th time/date sort works on all LN

All replies

• LarryHN Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

Best way is to make a smart album for each camera and then use the adjust time / date command to correct its settings so th time/date sort works on all

LN

• Old Toad Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

Batch rename the contents each folder via the Photos ➙ Batch Change ➙ Title to Text with the option checked to add a sequential number to each photo.  You'll get  something like this: Photo-01, Photo-02, Photo-03..  When you're finsidhed with all of the folders put them all into a single album with the sort set to By Title.  That will give you what you want.

Happy Holidays

• ekuska Level 1 Level 1

Thank you Old Toad for breaking it down into those bite sized steps.

The Photos/Batch Change was a life saver.

Ill be sure to get all my cameras date/time in sync before I shoot such an event.

Happy New Year!

erik

• farfromhappy Level 1 Level 1

There is no "batch change" option in iPhoto

• LarryHN Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

Of course there is in the current version (9.6.1) and in many previous versions (not sure how far back you have to go to predate the batch change command) - Photos menu ==> batch change

LN