Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello - how do I have more than one app window open at a time on OS X 10.9.1

Hello - how do I have more than one app window open at a time on OS X 10.9.1? I do not want to hold the option key to have multiple apps open on my screen. Thanks.

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 10:24 AM

7 replies

Dec 22, 2013 10:30 AM in response to WmFletcher

Just open them and they should all be open on your screen. If you are using the useless "Full Screen" mode, then you will only see one at a time.

You may also have them open on different desktops via Mission Control. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4689

If that is the case and you don't want them like that, drag them all into one Desktop and remove the rest of them.

Dec 23, 2013 10:04 AM in response to Barney-15E

Barney-15E

Finder enhnacements installed? = no. I did a reinstall of Mavericks, not a full clean install = no help. Searched for "single-app mode" in Spotlight and the web, no luck.

With Safari open on screen, from dock, opened iTunes and Safari does not show on screen. Open Word from doc and iTunes is not on screen.

Attached some screen shots if these help.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Dec 23, 2013 11:23 AM in response to WmFletcher

Based on your screen shots, your background apps are not hidden, so did you review the Mission Control basics that I linked to earlier.

It would appear all of your apps are in separate Desktops, which might become apparent if you activate Mission Control (F9, or possibly a function key that looks like three rectangles).

If you do not have Mission Control set up to have each app on a separate Desktop, I have no idea what is causing what you see.

Hello - how do I have more than one app window open at a time on OS X 10.9.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.