Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone can point me out on some proper steps to connect my new iPhone5c to my old MacBook running an updated 10.6 OS?

Hello,

Anyone can point me out on some proper steps to connect my new iPhone5c to my old MacBook running an updated 10.6 OS? Cannot make the iPhone to connect to he MacBook (Bluetooth) even the latter has already paired the new device and it seems ready to use.

The iPhone only want to forget the device (my MacBook) while it cannot connect to it.

I also created a WiFi network on my MacBook and joined the iPhone to it - cannot see it anywhere.

I have connected the iPhone to the Macbook using the provided USB cable but Finder does not show the iPhone, that only presented me with the option to trust or not the Computer the moment I plugged in the USB cable.

Am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong?

Thx,

Iul

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.4, MacBook 10.6 Updated

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 10:01 AM

Unless you're trying to Tether, your phone won't pair with your Mac...file transfer, by Bluetooth, is not supported.

Your phone won't appear in Finder, as Disk mode is not supported on any iPhone.

1 reply

Anyone can point me out on some proper steps to connect my new iPhone5c to my old MacBook running an updated 10.6 OS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.