Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I switch screens with a Verizon iphone 5 and att iphone 5? One is cracked one is not.

I have an att iphone 5 and my wife has a Verizon phone 5. Instead of getting her cracked screen replacement can I just swap them and give her my screen? I can live with the crack she apparently cannot. Are the screens for the two devices interchangeable without cause any issues.

Thanks.

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 10:40 AM

10 replies

Dec 22, 2013 11:49 AM in response to dglenn9000

dglenn9000,

You will not need to seperate the LCD and digitizer if they're both fully intact on both phones. Speaking from much experience, the iPhone 5 screens are very tricky to switch. Be extremely cautious of the LCD/digitizer cables coming out of the screen. They are very fragile and quick to break when attempting to re-install the screen.

iPhone 5 has much fewer steps than 4/4s but it quite a bit more technical. If you attempt, please reach out with any questions.

Can I switch screens with a Verizon iphone 5 and att iphone 5? One is cracked one is not.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.