Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Concert won't load in MainStage 3.02

I'm having trouble loading our bands main Concert session in MainStage since the 3.02 update. The session worked fine before the update. Has anyone else had this issue, or found a solution? I tried our backup Concert but it fails to open as well. I can, however, create new sessions, save and reopen them. I would simply recreate our Concert, but it is quite complex, including dozens of songs, with many channels, auxes, and unique plugins per patch (song). I wanted to ask here on the forum, in search of a solution, before beginning the slow rebuild of a new Concert file.

If this is helpful, I'm on a 2011 MacBook Pro, 2Ghz Quad-Core i7, 16Gb mem, 500Gb 7200 HD. The Concerts previously ran wonderfully, using MainStage through a Universal Audio Apollo Quad interface. One major change has been the replacement of the logic board on the MacBook Pro. I don't see how that could affect MainStage or a Concert file, but I can't rule it out. I'm not sure there's a way to revert from V3.02 to V3, but that would be a way to narrow down the cause of precious V3 Concert files not opening in V3.02.

I assume the resulting crash log has helpful information as to diagnosing the problem, but I'm unable to decipher it as I'm not one who understands code. I'd be happy to share that lengthy report, should someone want to take a gander at it :)

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this, and I await in hopes for a reply that may lead to a solution to opening our V3 Concerts in V3.02. Perhaps it's something simple! Thanks in advance.

troy

www.thefollow.com

MainStage, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 10:58 AM

I had a similar problem with opening a concert that had worked perfectly prior to 3.0.2.

I going to take a guess that your new logic board has corrupted or erased an authorization.

In my case I had to re authorize Native Instrument's Guitar Rig. I never had any kind of notice telling me this was needed. Just trial and error, and watching very closely where the concert would stop loading.

Good luck.

(another) Troy

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2013 10:58 AM in response to troyshoreland

I had a similar problem with opening a concert that had worked perfectly prior to 3.0.2.

I going to take a guess that your new logic board has corrupted or erased an authorization.

In my case I had to re authorize Native Instrument's Guitar Rig. I never had any kind of notice telling me this was needed. Just trial and error, and watching very closely where the concert would stop loading.

Good luck.

(another) Troy

Jan 1, 2014 11:39 AM in response to troyfromlangley

Thanks for the reply and tips, Troy. I tried repairing permissions, and I even tried deleting MainStage library preferences, cache, app support, and removed version 3 altogether, as well as Logic and all it's components, just to be safe. Reinstalled both applications after emptying the trash and a restart. Same scenario, but now I can't even load or create any concerts in MainStage 3.02, as it hangs while opening.

I've also just moved over to a solid state drive. I chose not to migrate contents and did clean installs of everything, even installing Mavericks from a thumb drive. It's wild that I'm still having issues with MainStage, yet not a hiccup with Logic. Logic 9 loads fine every time.

My current solution requires re-creating the concert file, this time in version 2.2.2, which works completely fine. That will happen over the course of a couple weeks during band sessions. There's quite a few songs with a lot of settings to apply. It's just sad that I can't find a workaround, but I will learn and grow more with MainStage as a result. I'd wait, but I don't know when the next update will be for MainStage, and we have gigs booked.

Thanks again for the ideas to try. Here's hoping we both have more music and less troubleshooting in 2014!

Jan 1, 2014 1:59 PM in response to troyshoreland

Sorry you've had so much trouble. My experiences mostly mirror yours although I seem to be running fine now.

One more thing I've discovered over the last few months:

There is something (NO idea what, app, process, ?) that causes a conflict with MS and makes MS stall/crash opening. Even if I quit all other programs and restart this happens. The only surefire solution I've found is to SHUTDOWN and physically restart. Just doing a "restart" does nothing. You must shutdown. Usually works the first time, sometimes twice is the charm.

Don't know why.

Good luck. Onward!

Jan 5, 2014 11:02 AM in response to troyfromlangley

How do you reactivate Guitar Rig? I'm using Pro 5 with Mainstage and cannot load concert either. MS just stalls at "Loading Concert..." when I try to open Concert with several Guitar Rigs in it. Used to work ok. And all the example concerts etc. do open just fine. And today I got MS to start with just few Guitar Rigs in it but when I did more stuff to Concert the result is the same. Starting to p**s me off VERY much...

Jan 5, 2014 11:12 AM in response to TomiRMP

I know how you feel.

I re-installed GR 5 from the NI site and re-authorized via NI's Service Center App, which should be in your NI folder somewhere.

This is just a WILD guess on my part, but it may be that MS will load GR 'demo' presets just fine but if a patch has a GR preset that needs authorization it can't continue. Again, just a guess.

Good luck!

Concert won't load in MainStage 3.02

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.