Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac G5 pre-Intel, OS X Leopard, repair disk

To "Repair Disk" (Macintosh HD); after running "Verify Disk" in "Disk Utilities" the

"Repair Disk" is unavailable.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I attempted the start up utilizing my external optical drive with my OS X Leopard Install Disk.

I held down the "C" key. When I hold down just the "C" key I end up @ my Log In window w/ my Log In Password being all lower case c.

If I hold down the shift & c keys to make an upper case C the screen turns grey, and the fan gradually increases speed to the point I shut down my computer holding the Power Button.

If anyone can detect what I'm doing wrong or addition steps I must take to run "repair Disk" from the install disk your assistance would be very much appreciated.

G5 Dual 2.0, 1.5 Memory, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 10:48 AM

1 reply

Dec 22, 2013 12:02 PM in response to O'Kelly

The only version of Leopard that will repair your Mac is the one that looks like:

User uploaded file

And does not say Upgrade, Dropin, or OEM. And that will only repair permission and the directory.

An external clone of your 10.5 system that's functional can also be used to repair your permissions and directory as well.

For hardware test, you need the original installer disc made for your PowerMac G5. If you are missing those discs, call AppleCare, and they may still have them.

Mac G5 pre-Intel, OS X Leopard, repair disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.