Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27 i5 3.2 2013 brand new constantly freezes

Dear all,

Yesterday I have unpacked my brand new iMac, one of the most expensive standard models they had.

The thing is it freezes randomly, just stops, keeping the last image including the position of mouse cursor. Nothing is working, only option is to force restart it.

Been reading threads about this issue suggesting to run the tests and remove installed software. The thing is I haven't installed anything. It's brand new.

As a professional that relies on his computer as a tool which is very important for my profession I find this extremely irritating. To pay quite a lot for a brand new machine that needs fixing?! I find that just outrageous.

So can someone tell what to do exactly because at this point I'm about to pack it back in that shiny box and send it back to the general distributor.

Was PC user for such a long time and my first iMac turns out to have a problem. Apple just lost on its prestige.

Thank you

Mario

iMac, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 11:47 AM

3 replies

Dec 22, 2013 1:11 PM in response to mgandromak

Please read the warranty paperwork that came w/your computer.

You have 14 days to return the computer w/no questions asked.

You have 90 days of FREE phone tech support on top of your standard 1 year warranty unless you also purchased AppleCare which gives you an additional 2 years of coverage plus FREE phone support.

Strongly suggest that you take FULL advantage of the above before it runs out. Let Apple deal w/the problems.

If you DIY and mess up, your warranty will be VOIDED!

User uploaded file

Dec 23, 2013 8:00 AM in response to mgandromak

Newsflash. Installed the update Firmware 1.1 and it sorted out the problem. Been working on it since then with no problems whatsoever. Apparently it's a software issue, very common. If it persists I will return my computer back to the store. But, you also need to know I'm from Croatia... customer service here is horrible comparing to the rest of EU. But still... from my point of view this shouldn't happen as often as it does. Been reading about same bug from people all over the world. As much as I admire Apple still... not cool, at all.

Thank you for your advices. I'm extremely grateful.

Merry Christmas everyone!

M

iMac 27 i5 3.2 2013 brand new constantly freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.