Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone got wet... Now What

While on vacation, and while in a Lifeproof case, the srew came out as I was snorkeling underwater and the my IPhone 5 became wet and turned off. I dried everything as much as I could and took out the sims card. I even stuck the phone in rice for 3 days. Still nothing. My contract isn't up with AT&T until next September. 2 questions: 1. Will any data be able to restored by the Genius Bar by chance? There were pictures and texts that I would love to get off of there. Also, regarding apps, will they all be restored if I get a new phone?

2. Will AT&T have any leniency with price points if you aren't eligible for an upgrade yet? It's looking to be almost $600 for the Iphone 5s 32gb which is crazy. That's what I paid for my first iphone, which I get, but definitely don't want to do that for a replacement.

Thoughts!??? You don't realize how much that little device is your LIFE untiil you lose it... 😟

Thanks!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 12:23 PM

There are no replies.

IPhone got wet... Now What

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.