Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help from someone with a new Ipad Air and lives in the UK or uses the BBC Iplayer.

Hi

I have read a lot a lot about the Ipad and BBC iplayer but there seems to be a lot of confusion on this subject. I think it is because Apple have changed things for the new Ipad Air and the BBC has changed / or changes things for the I Player.

I am thinking of getting a new Ipad Air. My questions are:

If i load the BBC Iplayer onto my Ipad can i download programs to watch later (when i dont have any wi fi network?

Does the ITV player work the same?

I know this is a hard question but if i downloaded on average 1/2 hour programs not in HD how many programs or hours would i be able to record onto the 32 GB Ipad? I dont intend to have lots of apps or games loaded on it. I dont intemd to fill up the memory with photos etc.

If i do not have any wi fi network i can watch my Iplayer on a TV if i buy the connecter (not sure which one i need) plus an HDMI cable. I then plug this into an HDMI TV and can mirror what is on my Ipad? I can play / watch any programs i have downloaded recorded when i had a wi fi network?

If i do have a wi fi network the best way to watch / mirror my Ipad is to buy an Apple TV. This plugs into the TV and then i stream my Ipad content to the TV. Any problems watching Iplayers or recorded programs?

The above questions are mainly about using my latest edition Ipad Air on holidays where sometimes i will have a wi fi network and other times i wont.

If anybody is kind enough to reply please keep it simple. I am limited on my Tech ability / knowledge.

Does anybody reading this recommend a Samsung note or other product instead of the Ipad if this is a main reason for my purchase?

The answers here will help me decide.

Thanks in advance

iPad

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 1:15 PM

There are no replies.

I need help from someone with a new Ipad Air and lives in the UK or uses the BBC Iplayer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.