Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It says to find my library, to look for remote tab in tab bar when in iTunes. There is no such tab.

Where is this tab at?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 8:45 AM

Where did you read the reference to "remote tab in tab bar when in iTunes"?

What version of iTunes are you running on your Mac (or PC)?

32 replies

Dec 23, 2013 8:54 AM in response to markwmsn

Within the remote app, I hit add an iTunes library, then it gives me the message to open iTunes on pc, and tells me to hit the remote tab in the tab bar, what and where is the tab bar? Don't see it anywhere. Home sharing is on, and yet I do not see anywhere to enter the 4 digit code shown on the ipad mini, and yes all updates are up to date and latest version of iTunes is installed.

Dec 23, 2013 9:09 AM in response to Pumblino

OK, I see that now. (It has been a while since I set up Remote.)

The help docs for the current Mac version of iTunes say to look for a button that looks like the icon for the Remote app, but I can't find that in my iTunes either.

My guess is that the button or the tab doesn not appear in a copy of iTunes if that copy has Home Sharing active.

My copy of the Remote app offers separate paths for turning on Home Sharing (which should connect to all the copies of iTunes in your Home Sharing network or for adding a computer that is not using Home Sharing. Only the latter path (clicking "Add an iTunes Library") deals with the four-digit code string.

Do you have Home Sharing activated in iTunes on your Mac or PC? If so, you should not be clicking "Add an iTunes Library".

Dec 23, 2013 9:41 AM in response to Pumblino

the problem with this one here, is that there is no where to enter this code when i am in itunes....either with ipad connected or without....they really need to simplify this as I'm sure most people just give up after the fustration builds, I am close myself, it's not that important to me that havin g to waste countless hours trying to figure out something that should just be simple.

Dec 23, 2013 10:57 AM in response to Pumblino

Sorry it didn't work...

It seems like you were making a connection, but it was being kicked out. If it wasn't security settings on your PC, then it may be your router couldn't take it.

This may drive you nuts, but I had never used the Remote. Your post made me curious enough to try it.

I had to download it on the iPad, I set it up with my Mac mini, then ran downstairs, turned on the iMac, and set that one up also. So I was able to connect to both iTunes libraries, switch back and forth and play music. Took about 10 or 15 minutes between posting on here.

I may have to try Apple TV next, I didn't set it up yet.

Dec 23, 2013 11:01 AM in response to Pumblino

The remote "tab" is actually an icon on your iTunes sidebar that appears when first pairing the "remote" (your iOS device). Apple isn't clear on this at all. In your iTunes menu Bar, View > Show Sidebar. Then attempt to pair your device again, and the icon should appear in the sidebar where you can enter the corresponding four digit code.

Dec 23, 2013 2:33 PM in response to Pumblino

i finally got a solution

this works for windows

i was facing the same problem

got really fried

so heres what you have to do

1st open itunes > edit > preferences > Sharing.

If it says sharing is disabled. and re-enable bonjour to start sharing

then press the windows key > right click computer > manage > services and applications > services > right click bonjour services > properties > automatic.

Then restart and try adding device..

i just did it and it worked for me

Feb 16, 2014 8:13 AM in response to Pumblino

My solution (finally)!!!

Connect your iPad to your computer with your cable. Open itune, when you see your iPad in the device list on the left column, open remote on your iPad. Your library will be there. Then you can unplug everything. Since you have connected with your library once (over the cable) it will be remembered in your remote app and you will be able to use it over wifi.

Hope this will help!

It says to find my library, to look for remote tab in tab bar when in iTunes. There is no such tab.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.