Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 11: When I click Preferences no tabs appear

Usining iMovie 11, 10.0.1, on iMac. When I click the iMovie menu button, then Preferences, all I see is two check box options: (1) Clips and (2) Theater. There is also a link to learn more about the Cloud. I see NO tabs. All instructions I have seen reference the "General" tab to turn on the Advance Tools. The advance tools toolbar is not present in iMovie when I start it up. How can I turn on this toolbar?

iMovie '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 3:16 PM

iMovie '11 is iMovie version 9.x.x. iMovie version 10.0.1 is iMovie '13. I think it must be the second you are using.

There are now only 2 items in the iMovie 10.0.1 preferences. The user interface has been changed dramatically from that in version 9 and there are no 'Advanced Tools' - most of that functionality is still present but hidden in other places. It is really essential to study the help info before using iMovie 10.

Geoff.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2013 3:16 PM in response to WillyHi

iMovie '11 is iMovie version 9.x.x. iMovie version 10.0.1 is iMovie '13. I think it must be the second you are using.

There are now only 2 items in the iMovie 10.0.1 preferences. The user interface has been changed dramatically from that in version 9 and there are no 'Advanced Tools' - most of that functionality is still present but hidden in other places. It is really essential to study the help info before using iMovie 10.

Geoff.

iMovie 11: When I click Preferences no tabs appear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.