Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding tags in RSS feed via Podomatic to change hosting location

I am using Podomatic as a hosting site now but want to move to a new site. I know you need to add a tag in the RSS feed for iTunes to see the change but I'm not sure if you can manually do that in Podomatic. I'm asking their support team but int he meantime, maybe you have some advice?

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 11:36 PM

You seem already to know the actual process - just for reference it's described here:

http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/podcast.html#move

I can't advise on Podomatic; some of these services don't allow you any access to the feed or provide a way of adding this tag as they have no interestin helping you to move away.

In this even your only option is to email Support at podcasts 'at' apple.com and ask them to move you to the new feed - I can't promise they will but they have done so for others. Give them the Store page URL and that of both feeds; and check the new feed by subscribing manually in iTunes to make sure it's OK before you proceed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2013 11:36 PM in response to kalawika

You seem already to know the actual process - just for reference it's described here:

http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/podcast.html#move

I can't advise on Podomatic; some of these services don't allow you any access to the feed or provide a way of adding this tag as they have no interestin helping you to move away.

In this even your only option is to email Support at podcasts 'at' apple.com and ask them to move you to the new feed - I can't promise they will but they have done so for others. Give them the Store page URL and that of both feeds; and check the new feed by subscribing manually in iTunes to make sure it's OK before you proceed.

Adding tags in RSS feed via Podomatic to change hosting location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.