Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my phone die at 15-30% battery?

My phone is brand new I just got it a month ago and it has this stupid problem. It dies REALLY fast and it most of the time dies before even reaching 15% and can die as early as 30% at times. Especially when listening to music and running social media at the same time. Also when it's on FaceTime it does this too. What's wrong with it? Any possible solutions?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 3:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 3:46 PM

Either you have a bad battery or your battery gauge needs to be recalibrated. To recalibrate charge to 100%, then run the battery all the way down until the phone shuts off at 1%. If it shuts off above 1% charge it for a minute or two, then continue running the battery down. Repeat as needed until it reaches 1%, then shuts down. Then charge for 4 hours with the wall adapter without using the phone.

This will fix the problem if it is battery gauge. If this doesn't fix it take it to an Apple store for a battery test.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2013 3:46 PM in response to Gabbehh99

Either you have a bad battery or your battery gauge needs to be recalibrated. To recalibrate charge to 100%, then run the battery all the way down until the phone shuts off at 1%. If it shuts off above 1% charge it for a minute or two, then continue running the battery down. Repeat as needed until it reaches 1%, then shuts down. Then charge for 4 hours with the wall adapter without using the phone.

This will fix the problem if it is battery gauge. If this doesn't fix it take it to an Apple store for a battery test.

Why does my phone die at 15-30% battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.