Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut won't open, says identical serial number running on network when it's not

I've been running my Final Cut Pro version 6.06 on my Mac 0S X (v. 10.7.5) for years without an incident. This is the only machine it's installed on. I left a project open overnight, and when I came to it this morning there was an error: This application cannot continue because another application with an identical serial number is already running on another computer on your network.

The project then closes and everytime I try to reopen, the same error appears. If anyone can help fast I would appreciate it.

Again, this is the only computer running Final Cut Pro under my serial number, so I'm truly baffled as to why this problem came out of the blue. Restarting the computer's not helping. The only way I can use Final Cut right now is by disconnecting to the Internet.

Powermac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 5:09 PM

12 replies

Dec 23, 2013 10:05 AM in response to Michael Grenadier

I tried the preference manager (thank you, good program to have) but in this case it didn't do the trick.

I'm on a desktop PowerMac connected to a router via Ethernet. Every other device is connected via wifi, including my iPhone, iPad, my wife's laptop, her iPhone, and her iPad. None of these other devices have anything related to Final Cut installed on them, which is why this is so baffling. Plus this problem literally came out of nowhere.

I'll still try disconnected each device one at a time...

Dec 23, 2013 1:06 PM in response to Studio X

Closed network w/password

For desperation I popped in the Linksys E2000 setup disc to completely re-install wirless, but that now gives me the message "Unsupported operating system" and "The router works with these operating systems" which includes Mac OS X 10.6.1 or later. Which is interesting because I'm on 10.7.5. So I can't even really fiddle with my wireless now either. Not my day.

Final Cut won't open, says identical serial number running on network when it's not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.