Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change which email is used in autofill

Hi, I've seen similar posts but they've now been archived. In Safari for some strange reason Autofill always wants to autofill using my Kindle email address (only used for sending PDF's etc. I want to read on my Kindle). As my @kindle email and my @gmail adresses are the same it means I have to keep typing until the first letter after the @ before it will change from my Kindle email to my gmail. I've had a look in Contacts and my gmail address is listed first and I can't see any way to make this the default email.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 8:31 PM

6 replies

Dec 25, 2013 7:45 PM in response to John Galt

Thanks for attempting to help.

"Safari menu > Preferences... > AutoFill

Edit the appropriate information."

From autofill in Safari when I click on Edit it just takes me to my card in the Contacts app.

"If that does not accomplish what you expect, delete the email address in your Contacts card that you do not want Safari to use. Complete a form in Safari that autofills your @gmail address, then add your @kindle address to the Contacts card at a later time."

I've deleted the Kindle email address however I'm not sure about a website where I have to use my contact autofill that I don't already belong to - any ideas?

Dec 12, 2017 3:23 PM in response to Debbiebarryfinn

Keep the e-mails. Move seldom used e-mails to category: other.

Now, on macOS; Safari will offer to autofill only home and work emails.

Additionally you may want to add abbreviations of often used emails in preferences>keyboard>text, for instance a@p for account@provider.xyz. Your device will now automatically substitute a@p with the complete e-mail address. This does not autofill the rest of a form, but I still find myself using it daily.

Dec 12, 2017 3:24 PM in response to dagaz

Keep the e-mails. Move seldom used e-mails to category: other.

Now, on macOS; Safari will offer to autofill only homeand work emails.

Additionally you may want to add abbreviations of often used emails in preferences>keyboard>text, for instance a@p for account@provider.xyz. Your device will now automatically substitute a@p with the complete e-mail address. This does not autofill the rest of a form, but I still find myself using it daily.

Dec 22, 2013 9:10 PM in response to dagaz

Safari menu > Preferences... > AutoFill

Edit the appropriate information.

If that does not accomplish what you expect, delete the email address in your Contacts card that you do not want Safari to use. Complete a form in Safari that autofills your @gmail address, then add your @kindle address to the Contacts card at a later time.

If adding the @kindle address results in Safari reverting to an ordered priority you do not want, try changing the label associated with that email address in your Contacts card: for example, change it from home to work or create a custom label.

Change which email is used in autofill

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.