Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My daughter is getting an iPhone 4s and we want her just to use as an ipod touch at first. Will she be able to use features like games, wifi without a sim? Thx

My daughter is getting an iPhone 4s and we want her just to use as an ipod touch..... No sim but use games, music and wifi.... And when she's older we'll. Get the sim. Will these features all work OK without a sim card? Thx

iPhone 4S

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 12:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 12:45 AM

Well no. Remember that it is a phone and phones need sim cards to activate them. So you won't be able to activate the phone unless you insert a sim card. It can be any sim card and does not have to be an active one, but yes, you do need one for the phone to work.

2 replies

My daughter is getting an iPhone 4s and we want her just to use as an ipod touch at first. Will she be able to use features like games, wifi without a sim? Thx

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.