Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't seem to sync my ipod touch 5th gen

I have the new ipod touch 5th gen and ever since i've done an update (not the latest one, the one before that), I can't seem to sync any of the new songs ive put into itunes onto my ipod. It wont put on any of the new playlists ive created on either. Also it keeps doing a weird thing with the latest playlist i created (before the problems) it keeps putting that back into itunes again so i then have the same playlist but labelled as number 1 number 2 etc. Everytime i try to sync it does this. Can anyone help me please as i cant seem to figure out what to do? many thanks

iPod touch

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 2:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 5:04 AM

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync all music and resync

- Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP

or

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2013 5:04 AM in response to mr1979

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync all music and resync

- Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP

or

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

can't seem to sync my ipod touch 5th gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.