Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To Send Gift From Mac App Store

Hi.

My friend got a new Macbook. I want to send them a gift of an app from the Mac App Store (not iTunes or iOS).

How can I send them an app or dollar amount as a gift from the mac app store?

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 3:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 5:46 AM

If your friend ives in another country there isn't anything that you can do. But if the friend lives in the same country as you and uses the same Mac App Store (MAS) as you, you can send the friend an iTunes/App Store Gift Card or an electronic iTunes Gift certificate to cover the cost of the app or other content. You cannot gift MAS apps and games as you can iTunes content.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2013 5:46 AM in response to erugalatha

If your friend ives in another country there isn't anything that you can do. But if the friend lives in the same country as you and uses the same Mac App Store (MAS) as you, you can send the friend an iTunes/App Store Gift Card or an electronic iTunes Gift certificate to cover the cost of the app or other content. You cannot gift MAS apps and games as you can iTunes content.

How To Send Gift From Mac App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.