Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add and send to group in mail

I want to send an email to a group in my address book so how do I add the group to the email and send it?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 7:20 AM

Hi Victoria,

You can't do this easily on the device, without an app to help you.

There are quite a number of group email apps available on the App Store. Most will only let you send email from inside their own app, but MailShot Pro creates special contacts that you can use from the Mail app and tens of thousands of compatible apps, building group email right into those apps.

MailShot can import entire groups from your address book with a few clicks, and turn them into a special contact.

You can find MailShot Pro at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mailshot-pro-group-email-done/id445996226?ls=1&m t=8. A free app is also available, which can only create a few smaller groups, but can be upgraded.

Peter

Soluble Apps

Disclosure: I am the developer of MailShot Pro and may benefit from its sale.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2013 7:20 AM in response to Victoria Herring

Hi Victoria,

You can't do this easily on the device, without an app to help you.

There are quite a number of group email apps available on the App Store. Most will only let you send email from inside their own app, but MailShot Pro creates special contacts that you can use from the Mail app and tens of thousands of compatible apps, building group email right into those apps.

MailShot can import entire groups from your address book with a few clicks, and turn them into a special contact.

You can find MailShot Pro at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mailshot-pro-group-email-done/id445996226?ls=1&m t=8. A free app is also available, which can only create a few smaller groups, but can be upgraded.

Peter

Soluble Apps

Disclosure: I am the developer of MailShot Pro and may benefit from its sale.

Add and send to group in mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.