Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBA screen freeze

Hi

I have a mid 2013 MBA 13" that I bought late August and two weeks after I got it the screen suddenly froze. It freezes increasingly often, now at least once every 24 hours , and regardless of what I am doing (ical, excel, itunes, mail, safari, even while I'm away from the computer). It can only be shut down and started up again. I live in Honduras, 1,000+ miles away from the nearest Apple store. I have spoken with Apple senior advisers who have made me carry out a wide variety of tasks: delete caches, verify and repair disk permission, internet recovery, and much more, to no avail. Is there anyone who knows a solution? I am not a very knowledgeable user and am unable to do complex things, but am much willing to allow someone acces to my MBA via Teamviewer etc... Thanks! Bhaskara

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 7:59 AM

2 replies

Dec 23, 2013 9:07 AM in response to bastiaen

Speak to Apple again - if what they have advised doesn't work, then there is something faulty and it probably needs repair/replace (I'd push for replacement as the problem started within 2 weeks). If you first contacted Apple Care about this very soon after you purchased it, then this will be logged on Apple's systems and you can argue strongly for a replacement MBA.

Dec 23, 2013 9:13 AM in response to Strawb268

Thank you Strarb268. Unfortunately I have only contacted Apple for the first time six weeks after buying the computer. But yes, I will speak to them again and push for repair, or even replacement when I'm back in Europe early February. However, if I can find a solution before that, it would be most helpful as working in Honduras with a constantly freezing computer is not exactly joyful ;-)

MBA screen freeze

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.