Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hey guys. I'm having problems upgrading my Mac G5 from osx 10.4.11 to 10.5, any help would be much appreciated! Cheers

Hey Guys. I recently bought a Mac G5 from a friend as a tool for music production (which it has been great for) but I recently thought I would upgrade the OS to osx 10.5 (it was previously running on osx 10.4.11). However, the installation does not appear to have been successful. When I turn the mac on I get an option to select the language, and once that is done it goes to the osx 10.5 installation screen, and thats where it stops (as far as I can tell). It won't let me do anything, even cancel the installation. If there is a way I can either cancel it or complete it successfully (with all my files still there) then I will do so, but I am currently at a loss. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it! Cheers

Mac G5-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 10:07 AM

3 replies

Hey guys. I'm having problems upgrading my Mac G5 from osx 10.4.11 to 10.5, any help would be much appreciated! Cheers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.