Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does this still apply to Mavericks?

I don't see "Automatically update safe downloads list" in my Advanced Security Preferences.

I got to look into this, because for some downloaded applications I keep on getting the warning "....app" is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it? Every time I respond by clicking Open, but the next time it will still ask this.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 10:18 AM

That option has been moved to System Preferences > App Store. However, this has nothing to do with your issue.

What are the apps you get that error message with? Make sure that those apps are in your Applications folder or in any other folder on your Mac, and remove their installer if you still have got it

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2013 10:18 AM in response to ws_tom_v

That option has been moved to System Preferences > App Store. However, this has nothing to do with your issue.

What are the apps you get that error message with? Make sure that those apps are in your Applications folder or in any other folder on your Mac, and remove their installer if you still have got it

Dec 23, 2013 11:49 PM in response to mende1

Thanks for responding. I know it is not related, but I found the article HT3662 while searching for that sticky-quarantine problem.

You did solve my first (implicit) question. However, in the AppStore preferences, that option is now probably subsumed under "Install system data files and security updated".

I did find the solution to my second problem (quartined applications not being cleared after first approved opening); it is also in HT3662.

It turns out that I installed some applications from my Administrator account, without ever opening them there. My regular account is not priviliged. Apparently, that makes it impossible to clear the quarantining.

One solution is to log into the Administrator account, open the application there, approve it. Now, the quarantining attribute is cleared, and problem goes away, also in other (non-priviliged) accounts.

Message was edited by: ws_tom_v; added that option was renamed in AppStore preferences.

Does this still apply to Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.