Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Driver won't recognise music CD

Hey!

My CD driver won't recongise music CD. I am ok with DVD or Data CD. I worked before. It turns for a few seconds, then it gets ejected.

Anything I can do?

Thanks!

bsb

Driver desc : HL-DT-ST DVDRW GA11N

IMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7), intel core duo 1.83

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 10:32 AM

3 replies

Dec 23, 2013 11:48 AM in response to tigibus

Another help source (if you haven't already done so).

Go to your OS Help Menu. In the search field type dvd

Click on all the troubleshooting topics & Support Articles that pertain to your issue.

You can also do the same in Disk Utility. Open same up.

At the bottom left of the window, click on the purple button w/the "?" in the middle.

This will bring up the Help Menu.

===============

Try a different brand. Top forum favorites

CDs

FUJI

TDK

Verbatim

DVDs

Maxell

Verbatim

==============

Apple's Disc Burning Quick Assist

Make sure the DVDs are not dirty, smudged and/or scratched.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2000Mac doesn't start up from install disc

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2801Apple Computers: Troubleshooting the slot-loading SuperDrive

*** Your drive may need cleaning. Cleaning kits can be purchased from any store that sells CD/DVDs. ***

=================

OS X (10.6.7)

Use Software Update or the OS 10.6.8 combo update to update your OS. Also, update everything SU has to offer for your computer. When done, repair permissions and restart your computer.

User uploaded file

Jan 9, 2014 6:46 PM in response to tigibus

I am having the same problem. I have just bought a brand new CD pack (Hilary Hahn violinist) containing 2 x music CDs. One of the CDs loaded into iTunes correctly as expected. The other CD will not load and after ~30 seconds automatically ejects.

Obviously the CD is not scratched (brand new), the drive is working for some CDs,

Still looking too.

Driver won't recognise music CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.