Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing application media purchases on different devises

Sharing application media purchases on different devises?

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4, And iPhone 5 and Mac Book Pro(2005)

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 10:36 AM

6 replies

Dec 23, 2013 10:46 AM in response to milo123

If you setup all the desired devices to share the same Apple ID that the purchases are made/will be made under, I believe you have a limit of ten devices (this may have changed but I cannot verify since I don't have ten devices).

See:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4627

http://www.everythingicafe.com/manage-multiple-apple-devices-in-your-family-with -icloud-and-apple-id/

Dec 23, 2013 10:44 AM in response to milo123

If you are using just one Apple ID (all gadgets are yours alone), no problem, you can have one iTunes account, one Apple ID and applications, music etc can be shared.

Note: Applications for Macbook are not the same as those for mobile devices. For example Pages is not the same. If you got the free download with the iPhone, you can use it on the iPad, but not the Macbook.

Some Apps are iPad only or Phone/iPod touch only.

Dec 23, 2013 11:11 AM in response to milo123

My problem is that Alchemy mobile synth is not restoring the sound libraries I'm purchasing from within Alchemy store download purchases, I made using iPhone 5.

I have Alchemy Mobile on both devises.

Do I have to pay for the same purchase on each device? In other words, do I have to pay for the same sound library purchase individually for each devise?

Alchemy's site thinks I'm two different individuals.

Is this what's happening -->Please help me

Thanks in advance to You All: milo

Dec 23, 2013 11:20 AM in response to milo123

You'll have to contact Alchemy directly and see how they are doing their in-app purchases. Usually, if you use the Same Apple ID, you can use the same downloadable content but that may vary according to the manufacturer. These sound libraries are likely in-app downloadable content and may also be distributed to the device(s) under iTunes File Sharing. See:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4094

I know Animoog uses file sharing to share sound presets with other devices but have not used it in quite awhile.

Once again, contact the manufacturer.

Dec 23, 2013 11:24 AM in response to milo123

Does Alchemy Mobile have a login account and it is the same on both devices? And you purchased the App once and synced to both devices? are you using the cloud? can you add this app to the cloud to sync the content?

My son had a problem with a download App. He didn't turn on 'backup' or wifi within the App settings so the music didn't backup when I backed up and restored his phone.

Dec 23, 2013 11:41 AM in response to SergZak

Thanks SergZak

I've using that baby(Animoogue)by the way I call it : "An iMoogue" for Apple devises.

Don't you love Steve Jobs? - What level of life form was He?

Yeah, I have no problem with animooge and others

You are seeing it as I suspected.

Money, money, money m o n eyyy, money!

Ja!

Thanks again SergZak

Asta pronto : milo123

Sharing application media purchases on different devises

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.