Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud tabs doesn't work across my iPhone 5 and iPad Air

Safari in iCloud setting is turned on in both the devices.

Private browsing is off in both the devices.

iCloud is signed in with the same Apple ID on both devices.

Rebooted them both over a dozen times after turning safari in iCloud setting On&Off.

And also the bookmarks are synced across both devices.

I just couldn't get the iCloud tabs alone to work.

It just says "No iCloud tabs" in my iPad

And nothing in safari on iPhone as well

Both the devices are updated to the latest version. iOS 7.0.4

And I really don't wanna restore iOS.

Am I missing anything else to make this thing work ???

Pls Help me out.

Thanks.

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 10:56 AM

18 replies

Dec 25, 2013 7:33 AM in response to narendemon

Hi, narendemon.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Here are a couple more steps I would recommend trying when experiencing this issue.

Troubleshooting iCloud Tabs

Try these steps if you don't see a list of iCloud tabs in Safari, or if you see the message "iCloud automatically shows all the open tabs on your other devices." Test after each step to see if the issue is resolved.

iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

• Make sure that your iOS devices are using at least iOS 6 and your Macs at least OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2. If your devices don't meet these requirements, you can still use iCloud Bookmarks to keep your saved Bookmarks and Reading List content up to date between any devices that meet the system requirements. Bookmarks updating is not the same as iCloud Tabs updating, but it will allow you to move Bookmarks content between devices.
  • Confirm that you've followed the iCloud Setup instructions in the previous section.
  • Make sure that your supported devices have open tabs in Safari.
  • Confirm that you are not using Private Browsing. You can't share tabs while Private Browsing is on.
    • In iOS 7, Safari windows are dark gray instead of light gray when you're using Private Browsing. To turn off Private Browsing, tap the Tabs icon, then tap Private.
    • In iOS 6, make sure that Private Browsing is turned off in Settings > Safari.
  • If you are using iOS 7:
    1. Double-click the Home button to see preview screens of the apps that you have open. Swipe the Safari screen up and out of the way.
    2. Press the Home button.
    3. Open Safari again.
  • If you are using iOS 6:
    1. Double-click the Home button to see your open apps in a row at the bottom of the screen. Touch and hold the Safari icon until it jiggles.
    2. Tap the red circle in the corner of the Safari icon. Safari will disappear from the list.
    3. Press the Home button.
    4. Open Safari.

If you still can't see your shared tabs, complete these additional steps, and test after each step:

• If you are using iOS 7:
    1. Double-click the Home button to see preview screens of the apps that you have open. Swipe the Safari screen up and out of the way.
    2. Press the Home button.
    3. Open Safari again.
  • If you are using iOS 6:
    1. Double-click the Home button to see your open apps in a row at the bottom of the screen. Touch and hold the Safari icon until it jiggles.
    2. Tap the red circle in the corner of the Safari icon. Safari will disappear from the list.
    3. Press the Home button.
    4. Open Safari.
  • Turn off Safari in Settings > iCloud. Tap Keep or tap Delete from My iPhone when asked if you want to delete previously synced data.
    1. Press the Home button to exit Settings, then wait about 1 minute.
    2. Turn on Safari in Settings > iCloud.
    3. Open Safari and try using iCloud Tabs again.
    4. Turn off your device, then restart it and test again. This may sound simple, but it reinitializes your network and app settings and can frequently resolve issues.

If necessary, test again after following these steps for each iOS device with which you want to share tabs.

iCloud: Using and troubleshooting iCloud Tabs

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5372

Cheers,

Jason H.

Dec 25, 2013 12:06 PM in response to jason269

Hi. Jason

I have already troubleshooted all of these procedures.

But still I couldn't get iCloud tabs to work.

I even spoke to apple customer support. From whom I got a weird answer stating that iCloud tabs don't sync my open tabs that way across my devices and only bookmarks get synced.

The bookmarks and favourites are getting synced across my devices in safari.

That would mean only the iCloud tabs are not being synced.

Please provide a way to solve this.

Thank you.

Naren.

Dec 27, 2013 8:08 AM in response to narendemon

I'm having this exact same problem and have done all the same steps.

Not to hijack but I think we're in the same boat. iPhone 4S iPad mini. Both on 7.0.4. I've done everything the OP has done and what you've suggested Jason. Same deal. Tabs do not synch but I do have bookmarks and favorites as well as reminders, contacts, and other items synced across iCloud. That all works perfectly except for safari tabs.

Please help us!!!!!

Apr 30, 2014 9:19 PM in response to narendemon

I have the same issue from the first day I bought my iPhone and then later iPad (6 months ago). I've tried everything except full reset. I changed my AppleID (and iCloud) a month ago. I tried play with settings, but tabs still don't sync. My iOS updated 3 times during these 6 months and the problem is still here. There is obviously something wrong with my backup in iCloud, but I don't want to reset my devices and set them up again. I'm still looking for solution or future iOS updates.

Jun 15, 2014 2:59 PM in response to narendemon

Yeah, I have the same exact problem. iCloud tabs don't sync between my iPhone 5 and iPad air, but Safari on my Macbook can see tabs open on both of the devices. I can also see the tabs open in safari on my Macbook on both my iPad and iPhone. They just won't sync tabs between those two devices. I've had my iPad since November, and it has never once worked with my iPhone. The bookmarks work perfectly though.

Jul 12, 2014 2:13 PM in response to narendemon

Same issue here.

I've tried pretty much everything by now, except for a complete restore and set up as a new device (which I'm not willing to do).

If I remember correctly I've restored my iPad Air from an iPhone backup.

The iCloud Tabs only sync between my Mac and and my iPad (both directions), as well as from my Mac to my iPhone (one direction),

but they don't sync between the iPhone and the iPad (or from iPhone to Mac, to be precise).

My theory is, that by restoring from an iPhone backup, the iPad and the iPhone somehow got mixed up, because there only seems to be a problem in synchronizing those two devices. Also there is no problem with syncing the bookmarks, reading list etc.

I really hope by updating on iOS 8 / OS X Yosemite this issue will be addressed, otherwise there seems to be no other solution, than restoring your device and setting it up as a new device (by which you would loose all your save games, pictures etc.).

If anyone finds a solution I'd be really glad to get a response to this post.

iCloud tabs doesn't work across my iPhone 5 and iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.