Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the difference between buying an iPhone at a store like Target and the Apple store (besides price)?

I see the iphone 5c on sale at Target (gift certificates) and I am wondering what I would give up by buying it there instead of at the Apple Store. Anything?

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 2:14 PM

As long as you're not trying to buy an unlocked phone, which can only be purchased from Apple, there is no difference at all.

5 replies

Dec 23, 2013 2:35 PM in response to richard from el cerrito

richard from el cerrito wrote:

So if something is wrong with the phone or problems arise i can still go to Apple?

Yes, all new iPhones sold by Apple or an Apple-authorized retail come with a one year hardware warranty, with the option of purchasing the AppleCare Protection Plan for $69 (or the Plus version for $99). If the local retailer isn't equipped to set you up with those plans, you can contact Apple Support to purchase either one. The Plus version is only available within the first 30 days of purchase. The regular version is available within the first year.

What is the difference between buying an iPhone at a store like Target and the Apple store (besides price)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.