Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my aTV 3 dropping wifi?

Our Apple TV gen 3 has begun dropping wifi intermittently over the past few months. Some times we can unplug it and it will reconnect, but not always. It is very annoying when it drops wifi 4-5 times during a 2 hour movie... Ideas on what might be wrong?

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 5:55 PM

5 replies

Jul 19, 2014 10:32 PM in response to laurafromhuntsville

I started to have the same problem when I changed my modem. The IP address on the ATV disappeared frequently and in random intervals, and then reappeared after one or two seconds. I tried whatever I could find in the internet. In one post the band width was suggested to be set on 40 MHz instead of 20. My new modem did not have "40 MHz", but "20/40 MHz auto". Setting the band width to it was not any good. I changed my modem to the previous one. The apple TV wifi problem was solved. When I checked the settings, I found that the old modem had been set to 40 MHz.

So I suggest you guys to check this quick tip, maybe it helps.

Why is my aTV 3 dropping wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.