Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting from Aperture - .DS Store error

When I try to export a photo to my desktop, I get this error: 0 (of 1) file has been exported to: Users/*****/Desktop/.DS_Store The export operation failed to create a file for the version identified below:

IMG_4496

What do I do to fix this? I tried export to different folders besides the desktop and I get the same error. I tried repairing permissions (on my Mac) and tried fixing permissions and repairing the library in Aperture.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.4), 16GB Ram

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 6:31 PM

5 replies

Dec 24, 2013 10:05 AM in response to Greg Wagoner

Users/*****/Desktop/.DS_Store

Aperture is creating a wrong filename on export. What is the export preset you are using?

Try, if you can export at all by using a different preset in the export dialog, like "jpeg half size" or something.

If that does not work, try to delete the export preset list from the user library:

Quit Aperture and remove this file:

/Users/your-user_name/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Export Presets.plist

Then log off and on again, and try, if it now is working.

Note:Your User Library is hidden by default in 10.7.x or later - to open it in a Finder window use the "Go" menu from the Finder's main menu bar.

• Quit Aperture, if it is running. Log off and on again.
  • Open the user library by using the Finder's "Go > Go to Folder" menu and hold down the options-key, until "Library" appears in the drop down menu. Select it.
  • In the widow that will open, scroll down to "Application Support", open the "Aperture" folder.
  • From the "Apertue" folder remove "Export Presets.plist".

Dec 24, 2013 1:02 PM in response to léonie

I was using the preset "JPEG - 50% of size", but it's done the same thing with other presets. So I tried deleting the export preset list from my user library and logged out and back in.

Now, Aperture saves the photo in the selected folder, but it's puts the photo in another folder named after the Project that the photo is in, instead of into the folder I selected. Strange! I looked in the preset list to see if there's a setting that would create that other folder, but I see none.

Frustrating! It seemed this problem started after I installed Mavericks.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.9), 16GB Ram

Exporting from Aperture - .DS Store error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.