Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has any one on Sprint been able to get iPhone unlocked after contract is over?

Has any one on Sprint been able to get iPhone unlocked after contract is over? I have 2 iPhone 4s models I want to take to ATT, but Sprint will not unlock them, even though they admit that I now own the devices outright. International unlock they will do, domestic, no, at least so far.

Any info would be appreciated.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 6:25 PM

14 replies

Jan 11, 2014 5:13 PM in response to BobW0904

I just talked to Sprint, *2 customer service, and told them I am moving overseas. I asked if my phone will work on a network in Europe. My phone is no longer under contract. She gave me what she said was the standard answer, that it may work but probably not well when used with another carrier. However, she offered to give me an unlock number for my phone. I will do more research before I choose to unlock it, but they did give me the code.

Jan 29, 2014 12:47 PM in response to Allan Sampson

Yep, and guess who is the only company left not to start unlocking Iphones? Trust me I have a Sprint Iphone 4s that I am desperately tryring to unlock. Sprint says they cant due to firmware and being a special phone for them. Pretty sure the fact that it is a world phone with dual antennea's means it's not special. They have their software that is loaded via cellular network to disable other sims.

They will give you the MSL number if you meet their requirements. But like you said this isn't used by Apple, they use the IMEI number for reference towards locking. Sprint needs to contact Apple and have that IMEI number released for use. They just refuse to do it.

Jan 29, 2014 2:26 PM in response to KiltedTim

Off topic? You crack me up, the original poster asked if anyone has succesfully had a SPRINT IPhone 4s domestically unlocked. I am merely answering his question with information I have read and have witnessed first hand. I have not been able to get Sprint to unlock mine yet nor have I read anyone having luck. I felt the original poster could find value from the information I have found so far about this.

You seem to get alittle offended when I spoke negatively of Sprint. I am sorry that you seem comforted by a company that continues to lie and not support it's customers. I guess some people are just used to dealing with failure.

Jan 29, 2014 2:33 PM in response to Heckler19

You're ranting. The answer has already been provided... Even you agree that it's correct. Sprint will not unlock an iPhone for use on any US carrier.

Heckler19 wrote:

You seem to get alittle offended when I spoke negatively of Sprint. I am sorry that you seem comforted by a company that continues to lie and not support it's customers. I guess some people are just used to dealing with failure.

Seriously? You need need to look up the definition of the word "assume"... I couldn't care less about Sprint. In fact, there is no way I would ever consider using Sprint unless there were absolutely no other choice. It has nothing to do with their policies. It's because they are probably the worst carrier I've ever run across. Not to mention the fact that they are no longer US owned.

Has any one on Sprint been able to get iPhone unlocked after contract is over?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.