Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get nail polish off of my iPad screen?

I was painting my nails witha darkish red color and didn't realize that I'd dripped a bit on my screen. The nail polish is thankfully transparent on the screen and is only in two small spots. I was wondering if there was a way I could just remove it without damage or having to take it in. Thanks!

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4, 16 GB

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2017 1:28 PM

I used a (very) damp tissue (it had bumps on it) and carefully yet firmly got rid of it. You may want to cover your (stylish ) nails with the tissue and scrape it of. Be careful not to put the water near the edges.

3 replies

Dec 23, 2013 7:02 PM in response to KelseyRay

Try and scrape it off with your nail. The screen has an oleophobic coating on it that prevents oils and grease from sticking to it. I can imagine that nail polish would come off fairly easily by just using your nail.

Whatever you do, do NOT use nail polish remover. It's acetone-based and will damage the oleophobic coating on the screen.

How can I get nail polish off of my iPad screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.