Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable game center's "welcome back" popup messages or disable game center entirely?

Iphone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Ok, this seems obvious but how do I get rid of this welcome back popup? Every time I open a game this redundant "welcome back!" message pops up taking up a good quarter of the screen and frequently causing me to die. I can't tell you how many times I've opened a game like Sonic the Hedgehog 2, only to die immediately because I can't see my character while he's covered by a big "welcome back" message. Of course, when that's the last life left and I end up having to restart the whole level, you can see how it might be way more frustrating than it's worth.

So, I've excluded game center from the notification center stuff, I've set it to "no notifications" (which shouldn't matter since it's excluded) and still it pops up.

I signed out of game center too because i'd rather enjoy my games than be frustrated and able to share the scores. Now it just has a pop up at the beginning of every game asking me to sign in, which is just aggrivating in a different way, plus now I I don't have the ability to use the game center. I read here that once signed out there is a button to disable game center, but that doesn't seem to appear in iOS 7. Is there a way to disable it without jailbreaking my phone?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), mid 2012, 13.3 inch

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 7:45 PM

There are no replies.

How do I disable game center's "welcome back" popup messages or disable game center entirely?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.