Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Transfer iPhone Camera Roll to PC?

There have some important iPhone Camera Roll would like to transfer to Computer,I took a lot of photos with my iPhone,Whether you have any good way to help me Transfer iPhone Camera Roll to my PC?I can't copy my iPhone Camera Roll to Computer,Please help me!!!Happy Christmas Eve

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 10:29 PM

6 replies

Aug 9, 2017 11:15 PM in response to 3XiaoYang

I know it's a question years ago, but I want to post something useful.

Now, the latest iTunes 12 is nice to use. And you can see this to learn how to transfer photos from iPhone to laptop.

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you really don't want to use iTunes, I will recommend you some 3rd party transfer tool which are useful and powerful on managing data between iPhone and laptop. Like Dr.Fone and FonePaw iPhone Data Recover which are popular at present. They can transfer files between iOS devices and computers(Windows and Mac). And you can find tutorials on their websites, avoid spam, you can google it.

Aug 11, 2014 11:42 PM in response to 3XiaoYang

I heard that we can transfer photos from iPhone to computer via Gmail. However, the method does not work for me. According to my own experience, iCloud is more workable than iTunes. At least, iCloud cannot import contacts to my iPhone from Gmail to make my iPhone a mess. OK, you first go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup on iPhone, and then turn iCloud Backup on and wait for it to back up completely. After that, you can log in and sync pics to computer.

Jan 7, 2015 11:15 PM in response to 3XiaoYang

The easiest way may be restarting iPhone. Users only need to turn off their iPhone and then turn on again to check out whether the photos can be moved. Or they can reset their iPhone (which won’t cause any data loss) by holding the Sleep/Wake button and the Home Button together until they see the Apple logo. The easy methods may bring your iPhone back to work and make the photos movable again.

If the simple methods can’t help to transfer iPhone Camera Roll to PC, you will need to restore your iPhone with iTunes. Of course, you should update your iPhone backup before restoring your iPhone. The iPhone backup will contain most of your iPhone data, but the media files like music, movies and so on won’t be saved in your iPhone backup, and they need to be synced to your iPhone again after the restore. If you are new to iOS devices, the following guidance may be helpful for you:

1. Start iTunes and go to “Edit > Preferences > Devices”, and check “Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically”.
  2. Plug iPhone into computer via USB cable, and iTunes will launch automatically. iTunes will recognize your iPhone and display the iPhone icon at the upper right corner.
  3. Click “File > Device > Back Up” at the upper left corner of iTunes to update your iPhone backup, which won’t make your iPhone data get lost.
  4. When the iPhone backup is updated, you can click the iPhone icon, and choose “Restore Backup” in the summary panel.
  5. Choose the iPhone backup in the pop-up window, and click the “Restore” button. Note that you should pay attention to the updated time of the iPhone backup when you choose it in case that the backup isn’t updated.
  6. After clicking the restore button, iTunes will restore the contents in the backup to your iPhone.

How to Transfer iPhone Camera Roll to PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.