Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have been using OS X Mavericks in my mac but some of the applications like Safari, iPhoto, mail and quick time player are not updated yet. when i see them in application folder, it shows they're crossed into a circle. Does anyone have an idea about it?

I have been using OS X Mavericks in my mac but some of the applications like Safari, iPhoto, mail and quick time player are not updated yet. when i see them in application folder, it shows they're crossed into a circle. Does anyone have an idea about it?

Thanks.

Random

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 11:02 PM

3 replies

Dec 23, 2013 11:08 PM in response to RandomAccessMemory

Respecting to iPhoto, it looks like you need to update it. Open  > Software Update, and install the latest iPhoto version. If you do not see any update, switch the OS X language to English in System Preferences > Language & Region, and restart. If this does not work, you probably have to purchase iPhoto '11 at the Mac App Store because you are using an old iPhoto version.

The problem comes with Safari, Mail and QuickTime Player, because these applications should have been updated during the upgrade to OS X Mavericks. First of all, make sure they are stored in the Applications folder and that you are looking for them in the Applications folder. If they do not show up with a cross there and you can open them, you just need to delete the copy with the cross.

If you cannot open the apps, hold Command and R keys while your Mac is starting up to start up into OS X Recovery, and reinstall OS X. They should be updated.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.