Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing Ipod Shuffle

My ipod shuffle connects to itunes fine but when i got sync songs that i have purchased it does not work. i have tried updating and restoring the ipod but an error sign pops up saying that this feature is not available. Does anyone have any idea how to sync???

thanks

iPod shuffle, Ipod shuffle will not sync

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 11:19 PM

1 reply

Dec 24, 2013 1:13 AM in response to wwjd1632

Are you using manual method (drag songs to iPod in iTunes), or automatic syncing?

Here's one convenient way you can do it using automatic syncing...

First, if the iTunes sidebar (along left side of window) is not visible, from the menu bar, under View, select Show Sidebar.

If you do not already have a playlist in your iTunes library with songs that you want on the shuffle, create a new playlist and add songs for the shuffle, including those purchased songs, to that playlist.

In the sidebar, select the shuffle under DEVICES. There is bar of buttons near the top, starting with Summary. Click on Music next to Summary. This is the iPod's Music screen, where you tell iTunes how to sync songs to the iPod.

Check the box for Sync Music. NOTE: If there are songs on the iPod that are not in your current iTunes library, they will be lost when you set up automatic syncing.

Choose the option to sync Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres. Find that playlist with the songs for the shuffle, under Playlists, and select (checkmark) it. You can select other choices on those lists, if desired.

When you click Apply, the songs in your selection(s) sync to the iPod. Going forward, you can update songs on the shuffle by updating that playlist (add/remove songs) in your iTunes library. The shuffle does not need to be connected. The next time you connect the shuffle (or click Sync if the shuffle is already connected), iTunes updates the shuffle with the same changes automatically.

This document provides general information about the methods for loading a shuffle with songs

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1719

Syncing Ipod Shuffle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.