Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NIK plug-in brushes

I am confused by the NIK plug-ins with Aperture 3.5 since the NIK brushes are gone in Aperture:

RAW file > Edit With Plug-In > Sharpener Pro3 > Save. Now I have the master RAW file and the NIK-modified PSD file. Is there a way to brush in/out the NIK sharpening?

Thanks, Brian

Aperture 3, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 11:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 12:03 PM

You can't brush in the NIK sharpening once you're back in Aperture, no. Basically Aperture hands a TIFF off to the NIK plugin and it gets an updated TIFF back. There's no way to selectively brush in parts of the new TIFF. That would be a good trick 😉

While I love the NIK plugins, I tend to use them sparingly just because they break the "non-destructive" workflow of Aperture. And they give you the modified file which is usually about 6x the size of the original RAW file.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2013 12:03 PM in response to azartguy

You can't brush in the NIK sharpening once you're back in Aperture, no. Basically Aperture hands a TIFF off to the NIK plugin and it gets an updated TIFF back. There's no way to selectively brush in parts of the new TIFF. That would be a good trick 😉

While I love the NIK plugins, I tend to use them sparingly just because they break the "non-destructive" workflow of Aperture. And they give you the modified file which is usually about 6x the size of the original RAW file.

NIK plug-in brushes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.