Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imovie 10.0.1 File share error. IDVD won't recognise File

Here are my software specs:

OS X 10.9 Mavericks

iMovie 10.0.1

iDVD 7.1.2

I have just upgraded to the latest imovie, that I had been happy with for the last couple of years. I know if "it aint broke dont fix it"

I did to my disapointment.

All I want to do is get my movies on to IDVD.

I have know the process is to export/share to file. but every time I do this I get error 50 and althought my movie plays in quicktime,

It will not open in IDVD it is not recognised?

Help...

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 6:23 AM

6 replies

Dec 25, 2013 10:06 AM in response to thomasfromgatineau

I have a similar problem. I went to an apple store and discussed with a "genius". I was told Apple is no longer supporting their iDVD program. They feel that burning movies to DVD is a bit old fashioned. I was stunned. While sharing movies online is popular, there is still a large population that use DVD's. I make home movies of my kids and share them w/ my parents and in-laws. Many seniors don't use computers or get online much and I believe this is a grave error on Apple's part to exclude this demographic. Apple should reconsider supporting iDVD for the forseeable future.

Imovie 10.0.1 File share error. IDVD won't recognise File

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.