Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod nano 5th generation won't work on my windows 8.1 laptop,help?

Ok last year I got my first Toshiba laptop for Christmas and had my iPod nano since 2010. The iPod was fittied in perfectly when I first got the laptop and there was no problem with it until a few days ago it wasnt able to recognize the device at all. I tried uninstalling iTunes, turning off the laptop and putting the ipod in plus taking it out god knows how much, it still wouldn't recognize the device! Ive never seen it to fail although we have an old Windows XP computer and there was no problem regonizing it but I prefer to have the iPod on my own laptop computer so I can install purchases easily! Can somebody please tell me how to solve this problem?!

iPod nano, Windows XP

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 6:01 AM

1 reply

Dec 26, 2013 1:59 PM in response to Gglove

Hi Gglove,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The article below may be able to help you with this issue. You may need to remove and reinstall the iTunes software for Windows 8. Click on the link to see more details and screenshots.

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923?viewlocale=en_US

Cheers,

- Judy

My iPod nano 5th generation won't work on my windows 8.1 laptop,help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.